We stand with and embrace our communities of color
This Juneteenth, Floyd Lee Locums is asking its team to join in the commemoration of this historic date in America. We are encouraging our employees to take time to educate, reflect and spend time in relevant conversations around the very important issues our country is facing, especially as it relates to systemic racism.
We acknowledge that we have never taken June, or any other time in the year, to speak about Juneteenth. So, let us do that now.
June 19th—or Juneteenth—commemorates the ending of slavery in the United States, when the last remaining slaves we emancipated. In endless ways, the fabric of who we are as a country is made better by our diversity—and the contributions from communities of color.
In that spirit, let’s make 2020 different. Let us celebrate diversity and inclusion, expanding our knowledge, informing our actions and shaping a brighter future together.
For our part, Floyd Lee Locums is expanding our ongoing commitment to diversity in the following ways:
- We will form a Diversity Council called “Conversations for Change” and engage with local and national organizations, that are working on real, actionable initiatives that lead to positive change.
- We will further educate and empower our teams on equal employment opportunity (EEO) initiatives through onboarding and training.
- We will increase the volunteer efforts of our employees, through our “We Serve” program, to support and work with the diverse communities in our areas, as well as supporting organizations like the NAACP and the Human Rights Organization.
- We will support legislative efforts at local and national levels to address systemic racial bias and the prevalence of police brutality.
- We will support the International African American Museum being built in Charleston, SC, our headquarters. This museum will be a national resource to celebrate and explore the culture of the African American community.
Looking forward, Floyd Lee Locums promises to be a voice beyond June. We promise to help change the tenor of our country. We stand with and embrace our communities of color.
About Floyd Lee Locums
Floyd Lee Locums provides an elite concierge experience to Physicians, Dentists and advanced practice healthcare clinicians in hospitals and healthcare facilities nationwide. Founded by industry veterans Matt Floyd and Natasha Lee, the company has built an exceptional team of experienced locums and healthcare staffing professionals.
Named the “2020 Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA), their hands-on approach to delivering best-in-class service, personalized career solutions, and coverage that positively impacts patient outcomes is setting a new standard in the locums industry.